Philippines Visa Application Forms And Visa Extension Forms
You can use the application and extension forms above when applying for a visa at a Bureau of Immigration (BI) office once you are in the country. I include how-to instructions, a checklist of requirements, and the PDFs of the forms you need to apply for various Philippine visas.
Follow the sections below to apply for a Philippines Tourist Visa outside the Philippines.
How Do I Apply for a Philippine Visa From Abroad?
Citizens from 157 visa-free countries can enter the Philippines visa on arrival for up to 30 days WITHOUT applying for a visa. However, citizens from the visa-required countries listed below must apply for a 9a visa at the Philippine Consulate General in their country of origin before traveling to the Philippines.
- North Macedonia
- South Sudan
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Korea
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
This post may contain affiliate links. I may get a commission if you purchase something using my link. Please note, there is NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. For more information, please see my disclosure.
QUICK TIPS- PHILIPPINES
Show a mandatory departure ticket. You cannot enter the Philippines on a one-way ticket if you only have a tourist visa or visa on arrival. You will need a flight ticket with a date leaving the country before your visa expires. Save money by showing immigration you have a cheap onward travel ticket for just $14.
Get help with your visa. The Philippines visa process can get complicated. The rules and regulations change frequently. Avoid the hassle of dealing with the immigration bureaucracy by speaking with a Philippines Visa Specialist.
Learn some basic Tagalog phrases. While nearly everyone speaks some English, learning some basic Tagalog is always appreciated by Filipinos. Get a FREE Language Lesson using the same learning technique used by the US State Department, FBI, and overseas military.
Save On Moving Costs. Save up to 40% on your international moving costs. Nomadic FIRE has partnered with 10,000+ pre-screened global moving companies to save you time and money. Fill out our 60-second form and get 5 free quotes from accredited moving companies competing for your business.
Get COVID-19 Health Insurance. Your home insurance will not cover you while abroad. However, you can find affordable travel insurance for less than $50 that will protect you in an emergency.
How To Find The Cheapest Flights To The Philippines
How do I get a Philippines Tourist Visa Application Form?
Application forms for the Philippines 9a visa vary. 63 embassies and 26 consulates globally process visa applications submitted outside the Philippines. Each embassy or consulate can use different visa application forms, have differing basic requirements, and charge separate visa fees.
For example, the United States Consulate-General in San Francisco uses this visa application form; the Canadian Embassy uses a different visa application form. At the same time, the London Embassy requests UK citizens to submit their 9a visa application forms online.
Check the Philippine Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over your country of residence for details.
PHILIPPINES EMBASSY AND CONSULATES GLOBALLY
The list of eligible countries can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website or click icons below to find the Philippines Consulate General in your country of residence.
|United States||Agana, Guam||Consulate-General|
|United States||Los Angeles||Consulate-General|
|United States||New York City||Consulate-General|
|United States||San Francisco||Consulate-General|
|United States||Washington, D.C.||Embassy|
|Chile||Santiago de Chile||Embassy|
|Brunei||Bandar Seri Begawan||Embassy|
|Republic of China (Taiwan)||Kaohsiung||ExtensionOffice|
|Republic of China (Taiwan)||Taichung||ExtensionOffice|
|Republic of China (Taiwan)||Taipei||EconomicandCulturalOffice|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi||Embassy|
|United Arab Emirates||Dubai||Consulate-General|
Philippines Visa Extension Forms
There is no online visa extension option. Staying in the Philippines past the initial valid duration of your visa (30 days for visa on arrival, 59 days for 9a foreign tourist visa) requires applying for a visa extension at the Philippines Bureau of Immigration office in Intramuros, Manila.
Additionally, eligible BI regional or district offices (check the list here) can accept and process visa extension forms.
Visas can be extended by 1, 2, or 6-month increments for a total validity of up to 36-months or 3-years, depending on nationality. You can download copies of the visa extension forms in the section above.
Where can I find a Philippines Visa Application Forms Online?
The Philippines has two online eVisa systems. The Electronic Travel Authority (eTA), which is only eligible for citizens of Taiwan, and the Philippine Online Visa Application System (OVAS), which only allows application forms for a 9a Temporary Visitors Visa.
After you submit the 9a visa application form online, you will still need to contact the Philippine Consulate General with jurisdiction over your country of origin to complete the visa application officially.
What types of visas can I apply for using the Philippine Online Visa Application System?
How to apply for a visa online using the Philippine Online Visa Application System (OVAS)
- Visit the Philippine Online Visa Application System at https://www.visa.gov.ph/
- Choose your country of citizenship from the dropdown menu
- Acknowledge the reminder that OVAS only accepts visa application forms for the 9a Temporary Visitor Visas
- Review the minimum requirements and visa types on the Online Visa Application System home page, and click the blue button labeled “Apply For Individual Visa” when ready
- Complete the fields for visa type, country of application, choose the embassy or consulate where you will complete the rest of the visa application, and enter in a valid email address
- Review the Non-Immigrant Visa Application Form on the following page
- Complete application profile data, application details, and pay careful attention to answering the questions in the application history section
- Upload a 2″ x 2″ passport photo on a plain background
- Click the blue-button labeled “Save and Download Application” when you are ready
- Confirm that all the information you input in the visa application form is correct and valid, then click “Yes” to confirm or “Cancel” to make any changes
- Save, download, print, and sign the completed visa application form
- Scan and upload the accomplished application form and a copy of your passport data page into the online visa system in JPG, PNG, or PDF digital file formats
- If your visa application upload and submission were successful, you would see a “Success” message with a reference number
- Note the reference number and check your registered email for a receipt confirmation of your duly accomplished form
- Your receipt confirmation email contains important information; please ensure you read, understand, and carefully follow the instructions.
Philippine Online Visa Requirements
- Visa applicants must have a valid passport with an expiration 6 months beyond their authorized period of stay in the Philippines
- Only machine-readable passports are considered valid
- The Visa Officer assigned to your application may ask for additional documents (proof of financial capability, bank statements, return journey tickets, medical report, etc.) to support your visa application
- You will be required to bring your passport, visa application form, travel documents submitted online, and additional supporting documents (birth certificate, bank statement, marriage certificate, trip flight itinerary, etc.) depending on the type of visa requested for your in-person visa appointment.
- Official Receipt of Application does not authorize you to enter the country. The Philippine Immigration Authorities must review the application and approve your visa.
INSIDER TIP : Visa Applicant Passport Picture Requirements- to ensure your application form is accepted without delays or revisions, please confirm your passport picture adheres to the following guidelines:
- 2″ by 2″ plain white or off-white background
- No smiling. Natural expression with both eyes open
- No eyeglasses, earrings, necklaces, hats, or any material covering your head
- Full face view looking straight into the camera
- Square aspect ratio, with a pixel height and width of equal dimensions
- The top of your hair to the bottom of your chin must be 50% to 69% of the passport pictures total height
How to apply for a Philippine visa online using eTA?
How long can I stay with a Philippines e-visa?
FAQs: Philippines Visa Application Forms and Process
Before applying for a 9a visa, foreign nationals ineligible for a visa on arrival must secure an endorsement from a Philippine government agency. The specific agency will depend on the purpose of your visit. The endorsing agency must request an EED from the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs.
With the EED from the DFA, you can apply for a 9a visa from your country of origin’s Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the section above.